I found two picture from my early origami days when I started out with a mass production of simple bird and butterfly patterns.
Did I mention me beeing impatient!?! The geranium stuff is still not finished. As you can see, it dwindled, but … … still too much water. So I brought it againt to the boil and led it reduce a bit. (As much as I dared) Now it sits in a smal glass bowl looking like […]
I finished the second unit: As you can see it was a bit of a jigsaw puzzle combining it all with the armature. But can you see the seams of the jigsaw crane? Here is another picture. This time you can see some of the adjoining unit. I think I’m going to like it.
I told you about the red geranium paint I brewed. After the shell experience there were about 100-150 ml of the stuff still to go. I put it back in the pot (including the crystals at the bottom) and let it boil (the crysals dissolved rather quickly). Then I added 2 teaspoons of aluminium hydroxide, […]
… is not good for me. Sadly not in the oh-my-god-I’m-so-obsessed-I-hardly-do-anything-other-than kind of way. Sometimes I have trouble with my right hand. Some kind of chronic sinew irritation … I’ve long hesitated but in the end I had to admit: folding makes it worse. So that’s it folks. At least for the near future I […]
After a weekend of beeing away from reality, having fun, making plans and not beeing trown out of the ICE-train, I’ve returned home to find my geranium shell – which was well-filled when I left – looking like this: It’s hardly surprising, considering that the plant sap consists of 99,9% water … Neither it’s completely […]
… is windowcolor crane Number 2: And this is windowcolor crane Number 3: Believe it or not: I’m frustrated! My next approach will be „pieces of crane“
Fortune favoered me with some spare time last weekend. And so – with my boyfriend busying himself with bike preparations – I took my chances and a box of dried geranium flowers and started another attempt at producing paint. As usual the flowers were cooked in an alum solution. The crystals disolved rather quickly in […]
I recently finished the first unit of the bathroom decorations. The transparent stuff worked pretty well. It gave me a better grasp at the whole piece, which behaved well and didn’t tried any funny things. Also I used more paint, so the pieces were thicker and didn’t went out of shape that much. So for […]
I have a new book. It’s called ‚Jedem sein Grün‘ (which roughly translates to ‚Green for everyone‘, here’s the Amazon link. It’s a book about permaculture. If you’re not familiar with the term, the Internet has a lot to say about it. Basically it’s about sustainability, self-sufficiency, making do with what you’ve got and, of […]