After spending one day in the presence of a whole horde of chirping sparrow families I just had no chance but to invite one of them into my home.
You will notice the cherry flowers on the bunch, which tells you that he lives here for some time now. I’m afraid I’m a bit behind schedule at the moment – some things just have to wait til they get told.
Some of you may remember my my last, epic adventure with windowcolor?
Back in bavaria, I decorated my bedroom window.
Sounds boring …
But I didn’t do the usual little stars and flowers , no I didn’t – I did art noveau, and I did the whole window!
The pattern came from a art noveau pattern book and I modified it just a little bit to make it fit the frame. I did it in 8-10 pieces, the whole painting would have been imposible to insert into the window.
When we moved out I it too had to go.
With these pictures in mind, I leave you wondering what I’m planing to do to the bathroom … *muah-ha-ha*
A couple of weeks ago we finally went to the ‚Casa della Lindir‘ to fetch the origami picture I told you about.
It really is gorgeous! To think that it’s just one piece of paper … and these great columnlike, arabesquish … structures, reminding me above all of greek architecture … *sigh*
It’s hanging on our window now – it kept on falling down but it finally surrendered and remained fixed.
The passe-partout has a beautiful ruby colour, a bit like the one on this blog, only deeper.
I like how the light is shining through the paper, becoming this deep yellow shade – surrounded by ruby.
Here’s some details:
You can see the pre-folding lines. There all over the piece. Imagine the effort!
Once again: Thank you very much my dear!
I’m looking forward to the many more things you will create in the future!
It’s time for me to tell you what I did with all the apple-bark-paint-sites I was working on …
First for the sap.
You may remember this yellowish looks-like-egg-paint glas?
First of all I actually made some „Glue-size“ from it. I took a small strip of white linen and soaked it in the sap. After letting it go dry I repeated the process. And again. And …
I don’t remember exactly how often I did this, but I think it was about five times …
Now it looks this:
If soaked in water the paint should liquidate and be paintable againt. So much for theory, the practice is jet to come …
After this process there was still a lot of sap to go, so I poured it in another shell to let it go dry.
This is the sappy-sap,
and this ist the dried-sap.
It’s still very easy dissolvable and when painted still looks like this:
Twoday, on my way back from work, while driving towards some kind of metrological showdown, I saw a perfect rainbow.
If I hadn’t been late alreaddy and been so awfully hungry I would have gone and looked for …
Here’s the next part of my kitchen parade.
It’s a medievally inspired dame – and one of those pictures where I go from wanting-to-paint-somthing-and-being-not-really-sure-what-it-will-be to oh-look-what-I-did without this little inbetween step of thinking-about-the-thing-I’m-going-to-paint.
Dear Dreisam, since you asked … the clothes are roughly inspiered by historic pieces – but nothing more!