I’m a bit worried about the Tolkien stuff.
There ist so much of it! I’ve already moved it to a langer level, but there is still more to come.
I’ve counted, there are four copies of ‚The Silmarillion (two in german, two in english), five copies of ‚The Hobbit‘ (one in german, four in english) and eight (!) copies of ‚The Lord of the Rings‘ ( two in german, six in english)
I haven’t checked but I suspect they all tell the same story.
I think I’ve bought 1 ‚Hobbit‘ and 1/3 ‚Lord of the Rings‘ and I think my boyfriend, who is not here to confirm it, has bought about 1 set and a few of the secondary works.
Please don’t ask!
I think we have to many books. Books are good. Need more books.
We My boyfriend spend the weekend finally altering and installing our old/new bookshelf.
Thank you dad for building it in the first place!
I think this means we’re finally living here …
Patience dear Lindir, patience.
I’m not at work today, I’m sorting out the books.
And because I love doing it, I’m building stacks.
That’s SF and childrens stories
That is no stack. Also it’s mainly fantasy and tolkien.
And that is the non-fiction part. The highest stacks are science, plants and art. No, we are not pedictable, aren’t we?
I finished the next part:
Here is a picture of all three panels:
I really planed to flip panel Nr. two horizontally, but the panel decided against it. I still think it a pretty idea and I will certainly come back to it. You may have noticed the little flipping part I put in number three …
A bunch of sunflowers.
The petals of a bunch of sunflowers in a pot.
The petals of a bunch of sunflowers with water and alum in a pot cooking slowly.
The petals of a bunch of sunflowers with water and alum in a pot cooking slowly, giving only marginal colour.
The petals of a bunch of sunflowers with water and alum in a pot, giving a bit more colour after more cooking.
The sap of a bunch of sunflowers after much cooking and adding some hydrous clay
The hydrous clay sap of a bunch of sunflowers after much cooking and dehydrating.
The dried hydrous clay sap of a bunch of sunflowers wayting for me to find me mortar and pestle.
Reality is having a lock on me.
But there is content comming up soon.
I found two picture from my early origami days when I started out with a mass production of simple bird and butterfly patterns.
Did I mention me beeing impatient!?!
The geranium stuff is still not finished.
As you can see, it dwindled, but …
… still too much water.
So I brought it againt to the boil and led it reduce a bit. (As much as I dared)
Now it sits in a smal glass bowl looking like tomato sauce.
I finished the second unit:
As you can see it was a bit of a jigsaw puzzle combining it all with the armature.
But can you see the seams of the jigsaw crane?
Here is another picture. This time you can see some of the adjoining unit.
I think I’m going to like it.
I told you about the red geranium paint I brewed.
After the shell experience there were about 100-150 ml of the stuff still to go.
I put it back in the pot (including the crystals at the bottom) and let it boil (the crysals dissolved rather quickly). Then I added 2 teaspoons of aluminium hydroxide, also known as hydrous clay (Tonerdehydrat). The clay is supposed to absorb the red dye.
Which it did, I think.
Now all of the water has to go.
For four days now the stuff is standing in a water bath. The first day went pretty well, I was at home all the time and could regulate the heat.
Now I’m working again and there are only the evenings to heat the water.
I’m to impatient for this kind of stuff!