Fortune favoered me with some spare time last weekend. And so – with my boyfriend busying himself with bike preparations – I took my chances and a box of dried geranium flowers and started another attempt at producing paint.
As usual the flowers were cooked in an alum solution.
The crystals disolved rather quickly in the hot water. (I used about 15 teespoons and about 300 ml of water)
After adding the flowers it looked like this:
… and then sifted it.
The result was a jar full of red sap colour with a layer of crystal at the bottom.
I already started drying some of it in a shell, and I plan another attempt at producing some pigment – using a different method this time.